UNITY OF VANCOUVER
“God Bring Good Outcomes”
God Brings Good Outcomes
Have you ever asked yourself the question, “If God is all good & if everything is good, how can I turn what appears to my human mind as a disaster, into absolute good? How can I believe when I’m struggling through something that God is a God of good outcomes? To answer these questions, you must first understand that you have 2 levels of mind in you to react from, human mind & Christ mind.
The mind of a person in good spiritual health will constantly swing back & forth between these two minds. When their human mind sees a problem, it automatically swings toward the Christ Mind for light. & when it’s filled with the light of Divine Wisdom it swings back to the human mind & deposits that light energy for the human mind to process & spend. THERE ARE ONLY 2 WAYS TO PROCESS ENERGY, with Faith or fear. A spiritually healthy mind processes energy with faith as an “expectancy of things hoped for the assurance of things not yet seen.” Faith is actively trusting the outcome will be good for all concerned.
NOW LET ME DESCRIBE AN UNHEALTHY HUMAN-MIND CONFRONTED WITH A BIG PROBLEM SUCH AS losing a job, getting a divorce or a severe illness. An unhealthy human mind doesn’t believe in a God of good outcomes. It doesn’t have an awareness of the oneness relationship with God so the 12 inner powers are latent. This mind feels alone, abandoned by God & over whelmed by circumstances. It processes energy with fear & becomes immobilized by fear, which allows depression to settle in. You become what your mind focuses on so identifying with the fear can lead to an experience of a total lack of energy, sickness & even panic. Instead of blessing & releasing that event this mind freezes on it. It hasn’t come to pass. It has come to stay. & It will remain with you until you get sick & tired of being sick & tired & decide to move on. Which leads to the next question: How do I move on?
1. NO MATTER WHAT THE PROBLEM THE FIRST STEP IS ALWAYS THE SAME. YOU TAKE AN INWARD STEP & RISE IN CONSCIOUSNESS FROM A HUMAN MIND FOCUSED ON A PROBLEM TO A CHRIST MIND connected with the Source of all solutions. YOU CANNOT SOLVE A PROBLEM FROM THE SAME LEVEL OF MIND THAT CREATED IT. Asking yourself faith filled questions like “How can God make this right?” “How can God turn this around?” What is God trying to have happen right here through me? looses the minds grip on fear. It gets the energy flowing again from the inside out. It takes your eyes off the problem & refocuses them on God, the solution.
2. But simply shifting levels of mind doesn’t get the job done. YOU MUST BE WILLINGING TO ACTIVELY WORK WITH GOD & DO WHATEVER NEEDS TO BE DONE. Using an affirmation like: “I am willing to do whatever is necessary to heal my mind & body” keeps me in a healing consciousness & guides my choices toward life & not death. (to demonstrate prosperity)
3. THE HUMAN MIND MUST BE DISCIPLINED TO EXPECT THE BEST & NOT THE WORST. INSTEAD OF WORRYING & USING THE IMAGING POWER OF YOUR MIND NEGATIVELY. USE IT TO FIGURE OUT WAYS to have more God in your life. & if you catch yourself worrying ask yourself: In this moment, Do I see God as bigger than any human problem? Am I processing energy in this moment with faith or fear? Do I believe in a God of good outcomes?
4. When something bad happens, people often say, “It’s God’s will.” What a cop out. Have you ever asked yourself: “What do I believe God’s will is?” God’s will for you can only be more of what God is; prosperity, ever-increasing peace of mind, abundant life & good beyond anything your human mind can imagine. When you believe in a God of good outcomes there is an absence of fear & a presence of love. It’s a tangible feeling that everything is OK in the midst of the blackest storm. It’s a calmness & confidence that amazes your friends. & A knowing that no MATTER HOW GOOD YOUR LIFE IS, GOD HAS EVEN BETTER DAYS IN STORE FOR YOU. A friend of mine says: “I go to meet my good!”
5. WHEN YOU BELIEVE IN A GOD OF GOOD OUTCOMES YOU KNOW THE BEST IS YET TO BE SO YOU DON’T WORRY ABOUT GETTING OLDER. There are no ‘false ceilings’ in your consciousness. At 20 or 100 the best is yet to be. Most people have an age in mind at which they ‘become old.’ Do you? Old isn’t a condition of body, it’s a state of mind.” It’s what happens when we stop expecting the best & begin a count down to death.
I often hear people say things like, “At best I only have 10 good years left” or as one man said to me, ‘At 94, the best I can hope for is 6 more years.” Six years after making that statement to me he died of cancer. As a new minister, I visited a dying man in the hospital. I was afraid that I wouldn’t know what to say to him when I got there. I didn’t have to say anything. He said, “I am so excited you’ve come to bless me. I’m going on an adventure” Then he just closed his eyes & took off, leaving me thinking, “I want to be like that.”
If you are meeting new people for the first time, expect good outcomes. When you call someone on the phone, expect good outcomes. If you are applying for a job, expect good outcomes. If you are praying, expect answers that will lead you to good outcomes.
According to Emily Cady author of Lessons In Truth & God a Present Help, the number one, false belief of the human mind is that “Someone or something can keep my good from me.” This is victim consciousness & the opposite of Christ consciousness. You’ve created a duality where none exists by making that person into a God; into a power that opposes the God of good outcomes. Jesus said, “God is in the midst of you. Closer than your own breath.” No one can keep God from you except you.
In the Old Testament are the words, “Lean on my everlasting arms & I will guide you to paths of peace.” Do you believe these words? At the end of the day, do you lay your head down on your pillow smile & know that as you sleep, God remains awake & at work smoothing out every challenge; removing every obstacle from your path. Do you rise in the morning & say: “I go to meet my good.” My sister Janice once said to me, ‘No matter what happens to you, you always come out of it in a higher & better place. If I hadn’t seen it happen over & over again, I would have never believed it possible.” I have unshakable faith in a God of good outcomes.
A favorite Unity saying is: “God can only do for you what God can do through you.” Don’t pray for something you are not willing to become. In order to receive you must first become what you desire in consciousness. To experience prosperity, you must 1st have a prosperity consciousness.
A manifested problem is spent energy, the effect of some old thought energy. When you can see it, it’s dead & moving away from you. If you dwell on it & hash over it in your mind you are putting it on life support. Is that really what you want to do? No, Pull the plug & let it die.
In Hebrews 13:5, God says, “I will not give up on you or desert you.” God is not going to give up on you so don’t you give up on God.
In II Corinthians 1:10, it says, “He delivered us.” If I send a delivery to you, and you receive that delivery, do you know what that means? It means I got something through to you. When the Bible says, “He delivered us from so deadly a peril, and he will deliver us; on him we have set our hope that he will deliver us again/" [RSV] It means the same thing. God must get through us.
In John 13:31 (just before the crucifixion), Jesus said: “My time has come. The glory of God will soon surround me, and God shall receive great praise because of all that happens to me.” Here, Jesus is simply affirming his belief in a God of good outcomes.
Let’s close this lesson together by speaking the words of the prayer I put on the cover of today’s bulletin:
Dear god, help me today to see all people through your truth, which is love. Help me to feel well this day, and lead me in mind to wave after wave of well-being. Help me to understand that any past event has come into being through the law of mind action. It is spent or processed energy. Help me to see that I have a choice not to keep the dead past alive. With you with me, the best is yet to be. This morning I face a brighter tomorrow and a brighter future. I face more opportunity for happiness than ever before, and I am so grateful and thankful. Giving thanks in advance I say. Amen.
© Unity of Vancouver, 2004 All Rights Reserved.